Thursday, January 10, 2019

Week 17

A nice little video on Singapore's success at public housing. I'd like to see other countries learning from this.

Maybe unneeded, but a useful rebuttal to the right-wing claim that Democrats are exploiting black voters (they are, just not in the way described by conservatives).

Antonio Gramsci hates New Year's Day for good reasons. (I don't hate it myself, although I understand his objections.)

Sometimes I feel like this when I switch from reading digital articles to books. I need to slow myself down and think a little harder. It doesn't bother me much, perhaps because I read a lot of books as a kid. I can imagine digital natives having a harder time with the switch.

I was tipped off to this problem by the tankies, who counterpose fascist Ukraine to the Communist USSR. I see nothing in the linked article to disprove what I've heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment